Old 13-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Brian X

Default Worm Farming

Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

Brian X

Old 13-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Franz Heymann

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but

without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic

instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

If you are thinking of worm composting, you will find much to read if
you google on worm compost.

Franz

Brian X

Old 13-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Paul D.Smith

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

Brian X

If you're thinking of worm composting, see web for "Worm Composting" and
similar. If you're thinking of large scale worm farming, this was a pyramid
scheme very popular in the US where, believe it or not, people did worm
composting on a grand scale. Problem was, nobody wanted the extra worms
they grew (or the compost) apart from the next level of suckers who were
starting up. Eventually, the scheme collapsed leaving hundreds of people
out of pocket!

The "New Yorker" can a very interesting article about it a couple of years
ago that you might be able to find on the web.

Paul DS.

Old 13-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Pam Moore

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

I asked a question about this on 29/9/04, headed "worm bin". If this
is what you want to do, look for the thread.
I had some very helpful replies.

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Brian X

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

I asked a question about this on 29/9/04, headed "worm bin". If this
is what you want to do, look for the thread.
I had some very helpful replies.

Pam in Bristol

Many thanks Pam, have taken your advice and followed the thread and found
it very interesting.
Everything I need in fact

Best Wishes

Old 13-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Brian X

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

Brian X

Thank you all for your helpful and prompt replies.

Best Wishes

Old 13-10-2004, 08:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Brian X" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

I asked a question about this on 29/9/04, headed "worm bin". If

this
is what you want to do, look for the thread.
I had some very helpful replies.

Pam in Bristol

Many thanks Pam, have taken your advice and followed the thread and

found
it very interesting.
Everything I need in fact

Let us know what luck you have, if you embark on the venture.

Franz

Old 13-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Zipadee Doodar

Think of the problems. You would have to hire a wrangler or a shepherd. By
the time you get them out onto the field, it would be time to bring them all
back again. And as for milking time.........

Old 14-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Brian X

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but

without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic

instructions
on getting started.

I asked a question about this on 29/9/04, headed "worm bin". If this
is what you want to do, look for the thread.
I had some very helpful replies.

Pam in Bristol

P.S. Pam, have been wondering.

Are you the same Pam who used to go to 'The Glen' off Durham Downs in
approx. 1956 ?

I promise to say no more,

Brian

Old 14-10-2004, 07:37 AM
St. George

"Brian X" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but

without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic

instructions
on getting started.

I asked a question about this on 29/9/04, headed "worm bin". If this
is what you want to do, look for the thread.
I had some very helpful replies.

Pam in Bristol

P.S. Pam, have been wondering.

Are you the same Pam who used to go to 'The Glen' off Durham Downs in
approx. 1956 ?

I promise to say no more,

Brian

Whey Hey, Pam.
I was there too - quite a performance.
Like Brian I too will be discrete.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy Pamela,
Ooooooooooooooh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,
I wannnnnnnnnnnna Know,
Have-you-been-a-good-girl ???

Old 14-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:41:09 +0100, "Brian X"
wrote:

P.S. Pam, have been wondering.

Are you the same Pam who used to go to 'The Glen' off Durham Downs in
approx. 1956 ?

ROTFL. No sadly not. That was my era. However my parents forbade me
ever to go there. I only frequented the Vic Rooms and the Spa hotel
by the Suspension bridge! Pity I missed meeting you!

Pam in Bristol
Old 15-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Brian X

Are you the same Pam who used to go to 'The Glen' off Durham Downs in
approx. 1956 ?

ROTFL. No sadly not. That was my era. However my parents forbade me
ever to go there. I only frequented the Vic Rooms and the Spa hotel
by the Suspension bridge! Pity I missed meeting you!

Pam in Bristol

Happy Days. For my sins ex-St.Brendan's

Thanks once again for your worm farming pointer. Followed and copied
thread.

Have a good day.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Michael Savage

"Brian X" wrote in message
Good Morning,

Have tried my local library for information about worm farming but without
success.

Could someone advise me on the advantages and also some basic instructions
on getting started.

Thank You in anticipation.

Brian X

I've been discussing something similar with in-law who is currently paying
up to 7p per worm as an angler! Guys walk along banks of rivers here
(Northern Ireland) selling bags of 20 worms for £1 or more...I think my bin
must be worth over a grand...
The Guys Who Know keep them in old wooden boxes and feed them on corn meal.
Apparently Blackheads are worth three times what Redheads are

???
Michael S