Old 13-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Robert Allison" wrote in message

JD wrote:

How do you determine the amount of sand or gravel needed for an area?
I have an approximately 200 sq ft area and want 3" of gravel and 2" of

sand.
Thanks for your help.
JD

By multiplying length x width x heighth.

2 yards of gravel and 1 yard of sand. Keep in mind before you start
getting overly scientific or accurate with the calculations, that
after your detailed equation to get the exact number of cubic inches
needed, when you get to the yard to pick it up, the loader will ram
the front end loader into the pile and that will be one yard.....

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

LOL - how right you are. But I still see geniuses try to get it down to the
cubic centimeter. Good for a chuckle.