Old 13-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]
Well don't expect the catalogue to be any easier to use, the only
advantage is you can just go through it in the evening and tick off
what you want. Often wonder if it's a deliberate ploy on their part
to get people to buy more stuff as the work their way through the
catalogue and think, oh yes I could do with that....etc.
If only they had a Search Engine on their site.

You know, I've often had the same thought about catalogues --
Thompson & Morgan seem to deliberately disorder things a bit, too.
It's like supermarkets moving the stuff about every so often: they
don't do that to _stop_ you noticing things you wouldn't normally go
near!

I find the practice rather insulting, and it puts me off instead of
turning me on.

Mike.