Old 11-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Where to get seaweed extract for garden?

Hi All,

I was considering buying some seaweed extract for use in my garden. Can
anyone advise the cheapest place to get it from? I'm not adverse to mail
order or internet ordering.

So far I've found:

The Organic Gardening Catalogue - seaweed extract (liquid) dilute 10ml
in 4.5lt water - £2.45 for 125ml to £99.95 for 25l.

Marshalls - seaweed powder 1 packet for £6.95 makes 200 gallons.

No NPK's or concentrations given for the above, so I have no way of
judging them compartively other than the hit on the wallet!

Many thanks in advance for your help

Sarah
Old 12-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Bob Hobden

"Sarah Dale" wrote
I was considering buying some seaweed extract for use in my garden. Can
anyone advise the cheapest place to get it from? I'm not adverse to mail
order or internet ordering.

So far I've found:

The Organic Gardening Catalogue - seaweed extract (liquid) dilute 10ml in
4.5lt water - £2.45 for 125ml to £99.95 for 25l.

Marshalls - seaweed powder 1 packet for £6.95 makes 200 gallons.

No NPK's or concentrations given for the above, so I have no way of
judging them compartively other than the hit on the wallet!

Many thanks in advance for your help

Try http://kayshorticulture.com/ their site is a mess as is their
catalogue, but everything you want is there in sensible quantities and at
good prices if you can find it. Sometimes it's best to simply phone and ask.
Always found them an excellent firm to deal with, I've bought Seaweed
extract, fertilizer, canes, automatic watering system, big sprinkler etc,
etc........no problems except the catalogue.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 12-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Sarah Dale

Bob Hobden wrote:
Try http://kayshorticulture.com/ their site is a mess as is their
catalogue, but everything you want is there in sensible quantities and at
good prices if you can find it. Sometimes it's best to simply phone and ask.
Always found them an excellent firm to deal with, I've bought Seaweed
extract, fertilizer, canes, automatic watering system, big sprinkler etc,
etc........no problems except the catalogue.

Bob,

Funnily enough Kays had crossed my mind last night after I had posted.

Having now looked at the website - I agree it is TERRIBLE! I think I saw
1 litre for 3.95, and a pack of 10 for 32.95. I think I shall ring
them up and ask!!! Maybe get a paper catalogue....

Many thanks for your help

Sarah
Old 12-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Sarah Dale

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
On the mainland I used some very concentrated liquid-sw-extract sold
at an agricultural show for arable farm use. Can't remember the name but
far cheaper than the weak stuff sold at GC's. You should be able to find
some through a farm supplies agent in your yellow pages.

Thanks Janet, I'll have a see what I can track down from your suggestion.

Sarah
Old 13-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Stan The Man

In article , Janet
Baraclough.. wrote:

The message 1097535428.ZwZmnHpkaZCADMAvtFyx4g@teranews
from Sarah Dale contains these words:

Hi All,

I was considering buying some seaweed extract for use in my garden. Can
anyone advise the cheapest place to get it from? I'm not adverse to mail
order or internet ordering.

On the mainland I used some very concentrated liquid-sw-extract sold
at an agricultural show for arable farm use. Can't remember the name but
far cheaper than the weak stuff sold at GC's. You should be able to find
some through a farm supplies agent in your yellow pages.

Janet.

www.farmura.com/Kelpak.htm ?

Simon

Old 13-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sarah Dale" wrote after...
Bob Hobden wrote:
Try http://kayshorticulture.com/ their site is a mess as is their
catalogue, but everything you want is there in sensible quantities and at
good prices if you can find it. Sometimes it's best to simply phone and
ask. Always found them an excellent firm to deal with, I've bought
Seaweed extract, fertilizer, canes, automatic watering system, big
sprinkler etc, etc........no problems except the catalogue.

Funnily enough Kays had crossed my mind last night after I had posted.

Having now looked at the website - I agree it is TERRIBLE! I think I saw 1
litre for 3.95, and a pack of 10 for 32.95. I think I shall ring them up
and ask!!! Maybe get a paper catalogue....

Well don't expect the catalogue to be any easier to use, the only advantage
is you can just go through it in the evening and tick off what you want.
Often wonder if it's a deliberate ploy on their part to get people to buy
more stuff as the work their way through the catalogue and think, oh yes I
could do with that....etc.
If only they had a Search Engine on their site.

Old 13-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]
Well don't expect the catalogue to be any easier to use, the only
advantage is you can just go through it in the evening and tick off
what you want. Often wonder if it's a deliberate ploy on their part
to get people to buy more stuff as the work their way through the
catalogue and think, oh yes I could do with that....etc.
If only they had a Search Engine on their site.

You know, I've often had the same thought about catalogues --
Thompson & Morgan seem to deliberately disorder things a bit, too.
It's like supermarkets moving the stuff about every so often: they
don't do that to _stop_ you noticing things you wouldn't normally go
near!

I find the practice rather insulting, and it puts me off instead of
turning me on.

Mike.

Seaweed extract Green Shoots Lawns 5 16-07-2012 06:08 PM
Seaweed extract Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 30 14-03-2004 11:36 PM
Seaweed extract Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 3 10-03-2004 11:46 PM
Seaweed extract Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 0 10-03-2004 11:44 PM
[IBC] Yucca Schidigera extract lou E Bonsai 2 28-01-2003 02:13 PM