Old 13-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Phil L

Robert E A Harvey wrote:
:: There are rumours among meterological types that it might be a cold
:: hard winter (latitude of north atlantic wave, seawater temperature
:: differentials, Canadian jetstream direction, etc.) and I wondered
:: if anyone on the group had any views?
::
:: It's certainly a good year for berries round here, which is one of
:: the oldest of old men's tales. But I've noticed that we no longer
:: get seagulls inland when storms occur, so maybe the old wisdom is
:: dented?
::
:: ANyone got twinges in thier corns, early/late plant dormancy,
:: earliest frosts, insects hibernating or any other suggestions
:: about what lies ahead?

Most of my bedding plants have put on a fresh show in the past 2 weeks, the
lobelias most noticeably were 'dead' - all yellow and dried up, now they are
a profusion of blue and purple flowers again, as are the verbenas.