Old 14-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Shell

We had a neighbor who had a front yard of those white marble chips. The
people who bought the house when they moved removed the rocks by renting one
of those tiny buldozers and loading up the bed of thier pickup truck. Don't
know where they dumped the rocks but I do know the rock layer was only about
5 inches thick and once the front yard was free of rocks and levele they put
in some topsoil and had turf put down. Its a nice green yard now and you'd
never know it used to be white rocks, The removal took them about 2 days.

Shell
"StanB" wrote in message

"Aaron" wrote in message
om...

Mt wife and I have recently purchased a home that had (at some point)
a large area (maybe 30' by 25') which was once a rock garden (no rock
bigger than 3"). With no knowledge of rock gardens (or gardening in
general), it would appear that it hasn't been taken care of in many,
many years. We would both rather restore the space to grass as the
rest of the lawn is absolutely beautiful, and we would like to utilize
the space.

A rake, shovel, and wheelbarrow?

---