Old 14-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Mike Lyle

ned wrote:
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes

[...]
There are definitions for plants where the growth point during

the
dormant season is below, at or above soil level, which is what is
being asked for, but I now forget them and they are rarely used.
There is also the problem that many plants will behave in

different
fashions according to conditions - e.g. many plants will grow

from
their stems after a mild winter but from their roots after a hard
one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Would this be the set of terms you're thinking of?

http://www.spookspring.com/Umbels/Plant_Types.html

ROFL.
I just knew the 'splitters' must have had a go at it!
Cheers. :-))

That's nothing: you should try linguistics!

Mike.