Old 15-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Sean Houtman

Methuselah Jones wrote in
. 97.132:

In early 2002, I had a packet of mixed pepper seeds. I planted
several, mainly out of curiosity. I was rewarded with a nice
jalapeno plant which has given me several peppers.

But another plant grew up with it, that I have no idea what it is.
For two and a half years, it did nothing but get taller and
broader -- never so much as a blossom. Around last August I
started giving the plants more water, and suddenly it burst out in
tiny white blossoms. I don't know if this was the result of the
increased water, or just coincident. The blossoms developed into
tiny, round fruits, which never got very large, and are now
beginning to ripen.

Anyone know what this plant is?

http://www.holotech.net/10140002.JPG

Looks like a bird pepper, one of the wild chiles. This page says it
gets about 1 foot tall, but don't be surprised to see it 4 times
that high.

http://home.att.net/~larvalbugrex/birdpepper.html

Sean