Old 17-10-2004, 06:19 PM
Rod

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:49:44 +0100, Lee and Kath
wrote:

I have had a Ceanothus for about 5 years on a semi shaded bank. It flourished and has looked
fabulous each spring with loads of mid blue flowers and arching branches.

It was gorgeous again this spring but as I went down to gather the apples I noticed that it is
completely dead. Every bit of it is brown, like a beech hedge's leaves, but all the other shrubs are
healthy.

Seems to be something Ceanothus do from time to time. I've had 'em
live anything from 2-30 years, (saw one at Powys Castle said to be
over 70 and it looked it, I would have had it out years ago. They do
get a bit ropey looking with great age.)

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.