Old 18-10-2004, 01:54 AM
William Valavanis

The plant you are talking about is probably Grewia occidentalis.

Common names include: Grewia, Lavendar Star Flower and Star Of David.
This plant is excellent for bonsai and I have even seen specimens
trained in Japan.

Iris Cohen has had considerable good luck with growing and training
Grewia and authored the article "Growing & Training Grewia Or Lavendar
Star Flower" in the 2001/NO. 4 issue of International BONSAI. It is one
of the very few species I recommend for indoor cultivation in northern
areas. It is very easy to grow in difficult conditions.

Good luck with your plant, I'm sure you will enjoy the flowers and
purple fruit.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++