Old 18-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Andrew G

"Paul Homes" wrote in message
G'day Gardeners,

Can anybody tell me the name of the pink/red additive councils use in
their herbicides to let the operator know a piece of land has been
sprayed, please?

Hi there
We use it and it's called Virbac Spray Marking Dye.
It's about $47 per 5 litre from memory.
That's the pink stuff, and as for the blue stuff it's called tru-blu marking
dye (i think) and it comes in both a liquid or powder, and we have used the
powder to dye the dams for comps at work.
The blue is dearer. The only benefit it has is it makes grass looks really
good for a few days after spraying, so no point for weed spraying.
You should be able to find it at produce type stores that sell ferts and
chemicals.
Cheers
Andrew
Thanks,