Old 18-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Doug Kanter

"Bill" wrote in message
news:m8fcd.192843$wV.39845@attbi_s54...
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Ann" wrote in message
c (TOM KAN PA) expounded:

How deep ya digging? I got a small Ryobi tiller that scratches the

surface down
to 3-5"

My Mantis will go down 11" or so if I work an area thoroughly.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

I solved my tiller problem yesterday. Found a guy who will do JUST what

need for $70-$100, which beats buying or renting a tiller.

No it doesn't, nothing beats having a good tiller handy when you want it

or
need it.

--
The Hawke

Maybe for new garden creation, but unless you trample the soil in your
existing beds, you shouldn't need a tiller to loosen the soil each year.
Now..having said that, I will include the fact that my vegetable gardens
have never been larger than about 30x30 ft, easily manageable with a fork.