Old 08-02-2003, 02:03 PM
John Hines

Default Bio filter mesh

(SNITT99302) wrote:

How about the fiberglass netting, under "More nets, straps, and webbing" ?
Perhaps they'd give a volume discount there, too. The basic price is $2
for about 16 sq feet, compared to $2.50 for about 10 sq feet of plastic...

Dave

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Doug wrote:

Is this durable??

"SNITT99302" wrote in message
Hi

For anyone looking for bio filter material:

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...LogFrom=Search
(http://www.sciplus.com/..... do a search for "lonely Mesh")

I got mine for 0 .15$ a foot, ask for the volume price (I bought

1000ft).

Walt

If fiberglass isnt good for humans, I doubt it will be good for fish. : )

It depends on how it is made.

If it is made like insulation (the pink stuff) then yes, it has lots of
small fibers that can break off, and cause problems.

However, fiberglass window screening doesn't seem to have that problem,
being designed for possible contact.