Old 07-02-2003, 12:38 AM
SNITT99302

Default Bio filter mesh

Hi

For anyone looking for bio filter material:

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...LogFrom=Search
(http://www.sciplus.com/..... do a search for "lonely Mesh")

I got mine for 0 .15$ a foot, ask for the volume price (I bought 1000ft).

Walt

Old 07-02-2003, 03:04 AM
SNITT99302

Is this durable??

"SNITT99302" wrote in message
Hi

For anyone looking for bio filter material:

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...LogFrom=Search
(http://www.sciplus.com/..... do a search for "lonely Mesh")

I got mine for 0 .15$ a foot, ask for the volume price (I bought 1000ft).

Walt

Its a hard plastic, mesh is 1/4 inch. I used approx 1/2 roll (250ft) to fill
one 55gal drum.

Walt
Old 07-02-2003, 05:28 AM
Dave Bell

How about the fiberglass netting, under "More nets, straps, and webbing" ?
Perhaps they'd give a volume discount there, too. The basic price is $2
for about 16 sq feet, compared to $2.50 for about 10 sq feet of plastic...

Dave

Old 08-02-2003, 02:53 AM
SNITT99302

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Doug wrote:

Is this durable??

"SNITT99302" wrote in message
Hi

For anyone looking for bio filter material:

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...LogFrom=Search
(http://www.sciplus.com/..... do a search for "lonely Mesh")

I got mine for 0 .15$ a foot, ask for the volume price (I bought

1000ft).

Walt

If fiberglass isnt good for humans, I doubt it will be good for fish. : )

Walt

Old 08-02-2003, 07:10 AM
Dave Bell

On 8 Feb 2003, SNITT99302 wrote:

How about the fiberglass netting, under "More nets, straps, and webbing" ?
Perhaps they'd give a volume discount there, too. The basic price is $2
for about 16 sq feet, compared to $2.50 for about 10 sq feet of plastic...

Dave

If fiberglass isnt good for humans, I doubt it will be good for fish. : )

Walt

I wasn't actually suggesting anyone use it to make little Koi blankets...
Obviously, it would depend upon how well the fiberglass was entrained in
plastic or otherwise bound-up. If it's just loose fibers in "fluffy" yarn,
I would agree with you.

Dave

Old 08-02-2003, 02:03 PM
John Hines

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Doug wrote:

Is this durable??

"SNITT99302" wrote in message
Hi

For anyone looking for bio filter material:

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cf...LogFrom=Search
(http://www.sciplus.com/..... do a search for "lonely Mesh")

I got mine for 0 .15$ a foot, ask for the volume price (I bought

1000ft).

Walt

If fiberglass isnt good for humans, I doubt it will be good for fish. : )

It depends on how it is made.

If it is made like insulation (the pink stuff) then yes, it has lots of
small fibers that can break off, and cause problems.

However, fiberglass window screening doesn't seem to have that problem,
being designed for possible contact.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:25 AM
~ jan

However, fiberglass window screening doesn't seem to have that problem,
being designed for possible contact.

Window screening does start to get brittle after 6-7 years. I replaced mine
last year after 7. I don't know if it would be harmful, but it wasn't
taking much to rip it. I have open-cell foam in the bio-filter after the
screening so it would not have gotten out to the pond anyway. Just thought
I'd mention it. ;o) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~