Old 19-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Mogsy

"gromit" wrote in message
On the south side of my house, there is a narrow plot which has some
conifers and palms. To my thinking they appear to be a little too
close to the foundations (limestone). I have a couple of pics he

http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...41017-1231.jpg
http://ii.net/~gr0mit/files/pics/gar...41017-1232.jpg

Firstly, can you identify these conifers and palms? As you can see in
the photos, they are quite close to the foundation. Is this a going to
be a problem down the track?

Thanks )

--
Phil
To reply delete "NOTHANKS"

cant id the conifer..could be a thuja or cupressocyparis (sp.). confiers
have a very fiberous root system so you shouldn't have any problems i had
big one next to a path like that for 20 years and it didn't do a
thing..although getting it out was a struggle, the roots act a a carpet over
the ground...an absolute pain in the arse.

palm looks like goden cane, they can go very green in the shade (if that is
a shady area), they have a small roots system, like a ball so that should be
fine