Old 19-10-2004, 07:55 PM
escapee

I had the same thought the other day of voting straight party democrat. I
fluctuate between Bush is going to win and our country will suffer circumstances
we'll never recover from; to Kerry will win in a landslide because of all the
new voters, young voters, etc, who are probably not counted in these idiotic
polls.

The whole shit stinks. The Catholic is passing out booklets telling their
parishioners how to vote according to Christ. Where's my book apologizing for
the thousand priests (give or take) who have been convicted, caught, or indicted
for raping children? Ya, I didn't think so.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:02:21 -0700, (paghat)
opined:

Put my ballot in the mail today. In the past I've gotten a bit weirded out
voting before most everyone else, but what needed to be done this time was
so obvious, if galling, that I just did the "all democrats" thing with the
realization that if that doesn't work, things will only get worse, whereas
if it does work, things may merely stay just as bad.

On our ballot the only well-represented third-party is Libertarians. About
two out of every three of their basic ideas aren't all that nutty, but
when they're wrong, hooboy are they off the deep end nuts. If they ever
had an ounce of power they promise to give the national forests away to
big business who will of course be excellent guardians of the resources
for everyone. And the moon is made of cheese. A civil libertarian myself,
it annoys me that the word has become increasingly associated with these
crackpots.

The Greens weren't well represented on the ballot & the Green presidential
candidate is such a screw-loose dipshit anyway; yesterday I heard him
actually promising in his swishy Sylvester lisp, "We will fightth for the
rightth of animalth and plantth." Well good for you buster, but I'm afraid
the plants might outwit you, & by the way, you're embarrassing to
environmentalists. Or how about voting Nader -- that'd be like voting for
a pot of moldy beans & then when you sit down to eat, surprise surprise,
it's still moldy beans. Besides, he still owes me the $20 he stole from
me.

Constitution party? Is there slogan on women's rights still, "Barefoot &
Pregnant & In the Kitchen!" They make crazy-right Bush look like a
moderate. They're such fundamentalist twits with zero sense of history,
talking about some alternate-world wherein founding fathers weren't Deists
& Masons after all, but Baptists, & they're not joking, they really
believe their crap is sweet. The Constitution Party makes me miss the
Northwest Rhinocerous Party which ran on platforms of party hats & moon
colonies & a tiddly-wink in every pot, which made ever so much more
logical sense. So while in past years I've liked to vote for the
occasional third party, this year there wouldn't've been any non-loony
choices anyhow.

-paghat the ratgirl