Old 19-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
The message
from " Jeanne Stockdale" contains these words:

Although relatively frost hardy they will welcome the protection of the
greenhouse, especially from the damp.

Strawberries are completely winter hardy and have no problem with
winter rain. They're farmed in Scotland. I'd leave them outside where
they will be less likely to develop moulds and disease.

Except in gardens above 2000' in the Highlands of Scotland, where
cloudberries are a better crop :-)

On this matter, what IS highest altitude of an urgler? We have
certainly had some posting from close to John O'Groats, and there
are a couple near Perth (probably the coldest city in the UK, at
least in midwinter).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.