Old 20-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Max Caviar

Actually I wasn't kidding with you. But I understand where the humor
lies. Is this done for all plants? Herbs, flowers, et cet.?

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote in message ...
"Max Caviar" wrote in message
om...
How precisely, is this done? I keep reading about this, but not sure
I understand what is being suggested. Are you to just pinch new buds
once, multiple times, ...? How hard are you to pinch these things
anyway? Enough to slightly crush them, or less?

In case you weren't being a jokester, "pinch" means to remove. So you
remove buds from chrysanthemums early in the season so that the plant bushes
out and blooms later. Usually you remove each bud with you fingers so that
you don't just shear the plant and ruin its shape.