Old 16-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Gene Schurg

Jim,

There doesn't seem to be a registered cross of Cyc ( pentadactylon x
cooperi ) in the RHS database. If you are successful in making this cross
and are able to bloom it out you could have the honor of naming it (unless
someone beats you to it). You'd think someone must have tried this before?
Maybe they are not compatible.

If the mother plant is large enough and healthy enough to carry a pod I'd
try it just for fun. You will have a couple of months to worry about
finding someone to flask the seeds but I'm sure there are plenty of people
here would volunteer.

Good Growing,
Gene

"germ" wrote in message
m...
I have my Cyc. pentadactylon blooming female right now and my Cyc.
cooperi blooming male. Do you think it is worth a try?

Here's last year's pictures of them.

cooperi
http://members.verizon.net/~vze4xcmt...Cyccooperi.jpg
penatdactylon
http://members.verizon.net/~vze4xcmt...tadactylon.jpg

The cooperi is good usually 12-15 flowers on each of two spikes, and
about 20 on the pentadactylon per spike. The cooperi is a little
cupped and about 3.5", the pentadactylon's female flowers this year
are 5+", its male flowers are reflexed a little.

Jim

..and what about cooperi onto Cycnoches Wine Delight FCC/AOS?