Old 21-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Brian S.

Jungle makes a product called a Co2 Fizz Factory. I bought one of these
from the LFS before I started the home-brew method.

But, basicaly the Fizz Factory is a rectangular-shaped clear container that
will sit down in the water with suction cups to mount it to one side of the
aquarium. You then have a few air lines, one at the top with a stopper that
you can use to let excess gases/Co2 out, and the other down near the bottom
of the rectangular container that is connected to a small container with a
hole in the lid with another airtube connected to it. You then fill the
small container up with a little water, drop in a Co2 Fizz Tab, and then it
will fill up the rectangular "bell" with carbon dioxide.

It says to use 3 fizz tabs a week for an aquarium around 29 gallons or so if
I remember right, and that is what caused me to go the home-brew method.
Very cheap and efficient. Those fizz tabs, at the local fish store, are
about $8 for a 16 tablet supply. So that would cost another $8 a month to
run the aquarium. But, the home-brew method.. umm.. I've spent $2 on a five
pound bag of sugar and $2 on yeast that will last me for a good 6 months.

Brian S.

"John" wrote in message
Hi.

I have two tanks. One is 30x15", the other 24x12". I would like to
have a CO2 system for both these, but don't want to spend a lot or use
gas cannisters. I also don't want to do the home brewing method
either.

What options are there to buy? I need something that I can see the
CO2 and PH levels, so I wont kill any fish I might get for the planted
tanks. Is there any device that can regulate the amount of CO2 to the
tanks that you can use and doesn't cost a lot?

I've seen the Hagen Nutrafin Natural Plant system, and also one by
Dupla. Does anyone have either of these and are they any good?

I have a Sodastream drinks maker, and just wondered what people though
to using this for adding CO2? You could make a few hundred
millimeters of water fizzy and add a bit to the water every so often?

I appreciate any recommendations. I am just getting back into the
hobby and haven't really done planted tanks in a major way, or
successfully before.

The CO2 is the last thing I need to look at, the lighting and
everything else is all prepared.

Thanks

John