Old 08-02-2003, 09:38 PM
~ jan

Default two ponds together?

On 4 Feb 2003 06:49:27 -0800, (Sue Walsh) wrote:

My ponds would be all on same level ground and there would be a garden
in between the two ponds, so overflow in that sense is not possible.
This is why I was considering using the second pump and hoses(burried
in garden) to move the water from the smaller pond into the larger
pond to complete the circle. would this work? Would I not be causing
any major problems with overflow of the smaller pond?

A lot depends on how much will overflow the big pond into the small pond
when the pump is off. The better way, imo, is to have the bigger pond at
the low point or end. Even with limited space just dig your small pond
deeper and make whatever you use to hide the liner high enough that when
the water drops you don't notice. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~