Old 21-10-2004, 08:29 AM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france
Default great tit

we have a great tit which keeps knocking its beak on two small windows in the attic and appears to be desperate to get inside. Its been around for a few days, regularly tapping away around 8.00am. I wondered if it might be trying to nest in here - but not at this time of year? We had the attic converted a couple of years ago when we came to live here permanently - until then the 'windows' were just openings. Does anyone know how long great tits live, and why this one is trying to get in?

many thanks in advance

jay jay