Old 21-10-2004, 01:59 PM
shazzbat

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message

"jay jay" wrote in message

we have a great tit which keeps knocking its beak on two small windows
in the attic and appears to be desperate to get inside. Its been
around for a few days, regularly tapping away around 8.00am. I
wondered if it might be trying to nest in here - but not at this time
of year? We had the attic converted a couple of years ago when we came
to live here permanently - until then the 'windows' were just openings.
Does anyone know how long great tits live, and why this one is trying to
get in?

It can see another great tit in the wiondow reflection and is attempting

get it to go away out of it's territory. Birds often attack their

reflection
mistakenly thinking they have a rival.

A place I worked many years ago had a regular visiting blackbird which used
to attack the reflections in the hubcaps on the cars in the car park (hub
caps were chrome then) One woman was so sympathetic she removed the hub caps
from her car.

Steve