Old 21-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Sam

"jay jay" wrote in message

Paul D.Smith Wrote:
we have a great tit which keeps knocking its beak on two small
windows-
in the attic and appears to be desperate to get inside.-

[snip]

Is it tapping the window, the putty around the window or the wall
around the
window? I've problems with birds stealing putty and the local sparrows
are
pecking bits out of some rendering below a patio door. Either they are
very patient crack thieving team trying to get in or there is some sort
of
minerals that they get out of this.

Paul DS

Hi Paul,

Its tapping the window and I forgot to mention, flying against it, so
really trying to get in, almost as if it can't believe the glass is
there

jay jay

I think the reflected rival theory is the most likely explanation.

Sam