Old 15-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Ray

If you are not growing terrestrial orchids, you really are growing them
hydroponically!

Think about it: what is the purpose of the medium beyond mechanical support
and storing water and nutrients? Unless you use osmunda, you're really not
getting any nutrition out of the medium, anyway.

To your original query - I have used rooting hormones for years, and
experimented with humic acid, kelps extracts, etc., but am of the opinion
now that a good, complete fertilizer in the right dosage and at the right pH
is sufficient.

(What is O.G.P.?)

..
"B.O.F." wrote in message
. ..
This year for the first time I have been using Superthrive, Nitrozyme &
O.G.P. on my orchids, I would like to think my plants look healthier & I
have certainly noticed increased flower numbers on my Phals. as well as
previously non flowering Phals producing blooms.

Has anyone else used hydroponic additives on their orchids & which ones do
you use/recommend?

( I am not growing my orchids hydroponically, I use bark chippings.)

Graham