Old 16-10-2004, 05:19 PM

Everett,

Be sure to read up on phal. orchids. You have to treat them
diferent than you would normal houseplants. Like don't let water stand
in the overflow dishes and let them dry out almost all the way before
watering them. As for sunlight, be careful, phals. can't handle too
much direct sunlight, it'll burn them. I heard where people put their
hand above them to see if it cast a shadow on the plant or not. Best
thing is difused sunlight like a shear curtain or blind where the
sunlight isn't so intense. I keep mine in an east window where they get
the morning sun through a blind and then light the rest of the day.
Also get a plant light for cloudy days. Good luck......Burr