Old 23-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Bob Alston

If you look at my web site you can see at least one co2 reactor, the one I
like, which is from PlantGuild.

As for electronic monitors, there are fairly widely used pH monitors from
Pinpoint and others that monitor pH. Once you know your hardness
calculation, you can determine the pH that will be achieved when you have
your desired co2 concentration. These pH monitors - controllers really -
are connected to solenoids in the co2 setup to turn on the solenoid and gas
flow when the pH is too high and off when it gets low enough. Again, a bit
of info on my web site.

That said, I believe the large majority of people who use pressurized co2 do
NOT use such. They are expensive and in my opinion not necessary, once you
have your system setup and stable.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
"John" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:12:49 -0500, A strange species called "Bob
Alston" wrote:

Take a look at my web site for info on low cost pressurized co2 equipment.
http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

I decided to go the DIY route after reading a lot of stuff.

I just wondered though, these CO2 & PH permanent tests, are they any
good/accurate for telling how much CO2 is in your tank? Are there any
electronic CO2 meters you can get? I think I'd prefer an electronic
one if it's not too expensive.

I have just put together a 2 little Coke bottle with a modified top.
I do have some of those big glass wine making bottles in my cellar so
I might use them eventually.

I have just used regular yeast at the moment but will probably try get
some of the Champagne type that is better. The wine I still have in
the big bottles has been maturing for quite a while. I think its from
1996 or something like that. I will have to filter it all and put
into proper bottles.

It might be a good idea to be producing some decent wine at the same
time as giving the plants the extra CO2 they need

The only thing I need to do now is find a good method for dissolving
the CO2 to the water.

John

---