Old 23-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Jiann-Ming Su

On 2004-10-06, Paige wrote:
We have a new 30 gallon tank we want to set up. I would like to have a
broader range of plants to choose from so choosing the right amount of watts
for our tank is the problem right now. We were thinking of a 30'' lite
strip with a 65watt 6500k compact fluorescent by coralife or a 36'' tube at
95watts. I understand the higher the watts the better for the plants.
BUT.... at 95watts on a 30 gallon 17'' deep tank...is that too bright? I
just can't picture how the tank is going to look. I don't want my fish to
be afraid to come out, and I also don't want it to be unappealing to look
at.

http://fins.actwin.com/mirror/plant-lighting.html
http://www.thekrib.com/Lights/depth.html