Old 16-10-2004, 05:28 PM
tbell

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:00:22 -0700, Everett B. Simonds wrote
(in article ):

I'm fairly new to orchids, I have two phalaenopsis that were given to me this

past spring.

I'm in Dallas, TX and the daytime temperature is now in the upper 70's -
lower
80's with nights in the 50's.

I've moved my orchids outside, and noticed that for an hour or two (at most)
they are in direct sunlight. Later in the morning, they are in dappled
sunlight as the sun is blocked by a tree.

Will this hurt them, or should I move them into a shded area?

Thanks.

Everett

I'm far from an expert, but I'd be concerned about exposing a phal to direct
sunlight. The leaves tend to sunburn very easily, and dappled light would be
better.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700