Old 23-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Theo

Steve wachs wrote:

I have several maples. In my area the maples have to growth periods. In the
spring and late summer. I do my prunung during these 2 growth periods. I
wouldn't prune my trees anymore this year. Next spring iis more suitable

SteveW

thanks Steve , but my pruning was intended not on the year's fresh
growth , it is a general pruning to keep the tree in shape and enhance
vigor of the remaining buds for the next year 05 growth .

my idea is the following
the sap is inside and nourishing a lot a buds. many of them will be
cut in early spring before they will break out .. as I need to shape
my tree up

so If I cut them now.. will this action stimulate the growth of new
back buds for a better spring 05?
thanks

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :