Old 24-10-2004, 05:57 AM

On 4 Oct 2004 15:31:08 -0700, (Bruce Haring)
wrote:

Hello:

A beautiful grove of eucalyptus trees that lined my property were
savagely attacked over the weekend. My neighbor had the entire canopy
removed and cut many wounds.

The trees were along a line near my property line, but I'm not sure
who they belonged to. I'm trying to find an arborist to attest to the
tree damages and a surveyor. I'm in the Los Angeles area. Any help or
advice is appreciated. My wife and I are heartsick at having these
trees destroyed by an unthinking neighbor.

I don't want to spend your money, but I think any lawyer will tell
you-
-if the trees are on his land, he can cut them,
-if on yours, you have a case,
-overhang I've forgotten. I think if his trees overhang your land you
can trim the overhang...but that doesn't seem to be the issue here.

Regardless, he might have discussed it with you. Don't you get along?