Old 24-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Theo

hi Steve
Steve wachs wrote:

If i undrstand you correctly, I belive what I do in the early spring is the

same thing as what you want to do now.

that's right

I do not know if prunung in the

late fall will have the same effect.

I was wondering if pruning now might stimulate the remaining buds for
a better break out in the following spring

I do not want to stimilate growth now. My trees are wintered in a greenhouse. of course not , it is not the season mine will be in there too

Temps stay just over 32*f. Spring starts in February.

I uually prune and repot by early march.

me too

I wait until the buds arw just about to open.
correct

that's

when I do my pruning and repotting. I do hard pruning

in the late summer as well, when maples start their late season growth
so do I ...
well I'll wait as usual for march for pruning
thanks again

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :