Old 24-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Frogleg

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:20:25 -0700, "culprit"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote

I don't think any edible flowers are prized for their taste, but
simply being decorative elements you can add to food without haveing
to pick out before eating. Nasturtiums and daylilies are very dramatic
additions to green salads.

actually, it's the leaves that are really good. they have the texture of
spinach, and the flavor of radishes. they're best when young.

I find most of the non-traditional edibles (plantain, dandelion,
nasturtium) to be too bitter for me. I understand nasturtium seeds can
also be used or pickled at some stage as a caper substitute. I just
prefer the flowers as spots of edible decor. :-)