Old 24-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Pam Moore

Default windrow or wingrow

On the Kew programme on Friday last, they were talking about their
wonderful compost heaps and I felt sure I heard AT say "WINGROW" for
the word I always thought was "windrow". One of the Kew guys called
it a wingrow too.
A quick dictionary check says I am right and there is no such word as
the one they used.......... or maybe I need my ears checked!
Anyone with the prog recorded who is picky like me might like to check
it back.
Others might like to tell me that life's too short to fuss about such
things, but as an ex-teacher I like things to be correct.

Pam in Bristol