Old 24-10-2004, 04:34 PM
dalecochoy

That ( below) was well said Mike, and I'm sure many feel this way. One
thing I might add , since I've also been to his place as many on tours have,
we normally only see the wildest, splashiest trees in magazines and even his
own book. ( he also had Japanese books before it was done in English, and,
I've seen a Japanese tape with his creations ), but, when at his house, I'd
have to say that by far what you see are classical or variations of
classical trees styling You will see and regognize some of the wild ones
you've seen in magazines ( which I LOVE BTW) but mostly you stand there with
your mouth open looking at wonderful , lets say, "non-wild"
creations/styling.
further....
Well, actually, there is no further...I'm just sitting here chuckling at a
critique of Mr. Kimura's tree styling practices ......by Jim Lewis??? :)
Regards,
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware