Old 24-10-2004, 09:59 PM
DigitalVinyl

Heather wrote:

wow, that is a long vine. I have tried nasturtiums and never got them grow
that long. Did you use anything like plant food or just let them go?

Last year I mixed a lot of amendments which included fertilizer into
this soil (greensand, aged manure, humus, aluminim sulfate, triple
phosphates). I conditioned the soil down 18". This year I may have
sprinkled some of those 3-5 month fertilizer pellets. I didn't track
my garden well this year. I also used a liquid seaweed fertilizer on
the garden once a month, twice during heavy fruit bearing months. But
the conditions were pretty much the smae or better last year--just
more crowded. These things just reached out all over the place.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/