Old 24-10-2004, 03:04 PM
NetMax

"Tom" wrote in message
news:jeVed.938$HA.108@attbi_s01...

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I started up a plant tank with some pond plants about five weeks ago.

I've
been doing this slowly, adding Trace Elements, C02, Macro Nutrients,

etc.
This past week the plants started looking pretty good, although I

think my
light levels are still too low (55 gal : 144 CF Watts). But now I

have
snails. Stagnant Pond Snails I think. Could these things take five

weeks
hatch?

I want to make this a Community Tank once I'm happy with the plants,

so
what
tropical fish will eat the snails. I like the Clown Loaches, but they

will
grow too big for this tank. Do any of the smaller Loaches like

snails,
maybe
a Yoyo Loach?

I ahve three yo-yo loaches and they do jut fine. They are said to top

out
at about 4" to 5". My largest, which I assume by the body shape and

size is
a female, has grown considerably in the short time I have had them.

From
about 3" to 4.5", but I feed a live food diet and there were lots of

snails
in the tank when I put them in. None now.

Tom

The Zebra loach tends to stay a bit smaller than the yoyo and by
reputation, is a slightly better snailer, but results vary by individual.
There are also fish which are very effective snail egg eaters, which is
another approach to take.
--
www.NetMax.tk