Old 25-10-2004, 06:31 AM
Gramma

"Reka" wrote in message

Hi back, thanks for your reply. All help is much appreciated
Hi! It sounds like you did well with the one that fell off. Now if you

can
tell us exactly what kinds those on bark are, and what the others are

planted
in, we could help more.

I've found a picture of one on the back of his one and only Orchid Magazine
that looks like it and that is a sarcochilus falcatus.
It also gives some info on conditions and says it likes frequent watering.
It is one of our natives and has finsihed flowering, so I don't feel quite
as scared of that one [g] as long as it survives its fall. The other has a
name tag which is written in pencil and hard to read but looks the same
breed [?] with 'hantsmanii' added and the buds arejust starting to open.

I am not an expert with Dens or Cyms, but I would
venture to say that the Cyms may need a bit of extra water, since

Melbourne is
heading into summer. Don't let any of them stand in water, though.

The pots are on a wooden bench with slats so the water runs through. They
are all planted in what looks like a roughly chopped
[what we call] pine bark. Our weather is variable at the moment with days
around 24c but could go up to 30c+. Will I need to cover them with
anything if it
gets too hot?

Sorry to ask so much but I am not a gardener of any kind so it is all new to
me.
My job has always been admiring the results
Gramma

As far as the stems, if they are turning brown, go ahead and cut them off
near the bottom
on the Cyms.

I am sure someone more experienced will be answering soon as well.
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html