Old 25-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Jeanne Stockdale

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
A Davis wrote:
:: Hello
::
:: I have a 10 by 5 foot garden pond (South West England), & about a
:: month ago I noticed some tiny fish swimming in the oxygenating
:: plants. These are now between a 0.5 & 1.5 inches long.
::
:: Recently I found out that Goldfish will eat their young, so I
:: (eventually) caught 2 of the young fish & transferred them to a
:: small indoors aquarium.
::
:: Please could anyone advise whether this is the thing to do, or if
:: they should be big enough to look after themselves now?
::
:: I also thought it would give them more chance of overwintering
:: indoors, but now I'm having second thoughts.
::
:: Thanks,
:: Regards Al

Best let nature take it's course and leave well alone - just try to feed
some of the smallest pellets you can get as well as your normal stuff to
give the juniors their share. My goldfish have bred up from 30 individuals
to a couple of hundred without any protection from me.
If you,re into specimen stuff - well that's another matter and you should
get a book for advice.

Regards
Pete(with a slightly bigger pond)
www.thecanalshop.com