Old 27-10-2004, 01:01 AM
jOhN

Art Vega wrote:
Hello,

I have been living in a house for the past two years,
and this year I'm considering growing rye grass in
the backyard so it looks more lively.

Does it hurt the existing St. Augustin grass in the
spring? Does it grow fast? Do I need to water it a lot?

Please tell me about the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks and regards,
Art

Do you like mowing, watering and fertilizing during the winter
months?............whether it's a disadvantages or advantage depends on
your answer ;-)

My experience is that it was fun one year but I've not done it again
since then. My bro-in-law does it every year, but he also trims his
carpet grass real short and complains about the water bills. To him it
is all about the looks.

I'd say give it a shot and see what you think.