Old 19-10-2004, 11:55 PM
dalecochoy

I'll tell ya why we do it Jim and Kitsuni......
Cause Kimura said so.
I NEVER wet the jin first, why?....because the LS spiderwebs into the bark
and looks like crap!
I always wondered when listening to Kimura talk about what wood to keep as
jin, ONLY REALLY OLD wood, I've seen him talk about jin on collected old
Ponderosa and Rocky Mtn. Juniper and say it was too YOUNG of wood !? and
wouldn't last because not dense enough.?
Then, spray jin with water before applying lime sulfur on stuff he WAS
jinning..
I ask....If jin wood should ONLY be old , hard, tight wood the water doesn't
sink in anyway so why use it. Never bought that one myself. No water before
LS looks best.
Also, Jim, I've NEVER seen any damage from LS on bark, foliage OR soil!
It could just be because I don't read enough books though! :)
Regards,
Dale