Old 28-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Geodyne

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:58:26 +1000, "Syracuse" boo wrote:

Artichokes (Globe) doing OK but when do I pick? The largest is starting to
droop by it's weight.

Then it's too late. I'd recommend that you remove these ones and pick
the next lot of flowers whent hey're smaller. Alternatively, let one
flower and enjoy how pretty it is.

Artichokes are at their best when they're small. Typically, the size
of the ones you buy in the supermarket is the maximum size you want to
pick them at.

Me, I prefer then the size of a golfball. You don't even have to
remove the choke when they're that size.

Oh, and I'm jealous. Having removed the artichokes from the back yard
last year, I haven't had any flowers from the ones in the poor clay of
my front yard this year.

Geodyne