Old 27-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Sacha

On 27/10/04 8:33 pm, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...

snip
The white one seems never to be as vigorous as the yellow one here

and is
comparatively insignificant while the yellow just drips with

flowers.

Many thanks. So there's hope for mine yet. Contrary to yours, my
normalis (white) grew faster than lutea this past season.

I'd be very interested to know if it continues that way. Ours weren't
planted by my husband but by Edward Hyams, we think, so are pretty old. The
white is on a corner of the house wall but is south and west facing so while
it can get some wind, it is pretty frost sheltered. Apparently, it's never
been much of a 'do-er' while the yellow one goes mad. Of course, this may
just be this particular plant.
I don't know where you're growing yours, BTW but among other things with
ours we have a Clematis rehederiana which is a very rampant plant and
flowering well now as it has been for some weeks. I recommend it strongly
to anyone who has room for it.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk