Old 28-10-2004, 01:39 PM
escapee

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:43:49 GMT, Victor Martinez opined:

escapee wrote:
Bermuda suffers from overseeding in winter, but St. Augustine seems to flourish
with the overseeding method.

That's what it is then! We have a very small patch of St. Augustine in
the front and a bigger patch of Zoyzia in the back. Neither get any kind
of winter treatment, we just let them be.

Yeah, Zoysia does not appreciate overseeding. It's such a thick turf to begin
with. I like the idea of not having to mow in winter, so I haven't overseeded
in a good while. This year I didn't water or weed my garden. Of course it is a
complete mess, but it is FLOODED with butterflies, dragonflies, and every manner
or life. We have an opossum living (probably) in the brush pile. He is so huge
he looks like a dog! I spotted a hawk on the fence the other day. I'm actually
afraid to go to the far back of the property for fear something will freak me
out! Whatever plant survives, will still be here next year. What doesn't, will
not be replaced.