Old 28-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Sacha

On 28/10/04 5:48, in article ,
"Magwitch" wrote:

Franz Heymann muttered:

"Magwitch" wrote in message
Last year I left them in the border and they died. I replaced them

this year
but planted them in a south facing bed - they are still flowering

like crazy
but should I lift them and if so how to keep over winter, or would

it be
enough to mulch the crown and leave them in the bed. Was it the wet,

cold or
both that did for last year's?

I think it would be best to lift the tubers now and overwinter them
indoors, as they are not really hardy plants.

Franz

Thanks... will do that thing.

Franz is correct. I asked Ray about this and he said overwinter them
somewhere frost free. As they're still flowering, perhaps you could move
them into a pot of compost and bring them in?
We have never managed to keep them in the ground through the winter here.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk