Old 29-10-2004, 12:41 AM
John Savage

Witchy Mama writes:
I agree star jasmine is good, we have some on our side fence and it
smells lovely on sping/summer nights, we cant smell it that much during
the day though, I think the other scents must over power it lol.

I have no idea here -- but perhaps the jasmine uses a night moth for
pollination, rather than a day insect? The stronger night scent, and
the stark white cross that marks out the landing zone might be there to
guide a nocturnal visitor towards the jasmine's nectar under low-light
conditions?

Just a thought.