Old 29-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Glen Able

"Magwitch" wrote in message
Last year I left them in the border and they died. I replaced them this

year
but planted them in a south facing bed - they are still flowering like

crazy
but should I lift them and if so how to keep over winter, or would it be
enough to mulch the crown and leave them in the bed. Was it the wet, cold

or
both that did for last year's?

From what I've read on the web, I reckon I'm going to give mine a good
covering of compost and leave them in the ground (I'm in Oxon). Also
vaguely wondering if I could cover the compost with polythene so they don't
get too waterlogged.

As they've pretty much given up flowering now, can anyone tell me whether I
should chop all the foliage back? Or just let it die back naturally?

cheers,
G.A.