Old 29-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Sacha

On 29/10/04 8:14, in article , "Glen
Able" wrote:

snip

From what I've read on the web, I reckon I'm going to give mine a good
covering of compost and leave them in the ground (I'm in Oxon). Also
vaguely wondering if I could cover the compost with polythene so they don't
get too waterlogged.

As they've pretty much given up flowering now, can anyone tell me whether I
should chop all the foliage back? Or just let it die back naturally?

I'd let it die back naturally but I think there's a very good chance you'll
lose them if you leave them in the ground. ;-(
I don't think polythene will help, the rainwater will still leach into the
ground from round the sides.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk