Old 29-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Sacha

On 29/10/04 1:46, in article , "Janet
Galpin" wrote:

snip
They must be very borderline. My mother has kept a plant in her borders
for about five years now (Staffs). She has very free-draining soil.
On the other hand, I've lost them, through rotting, when I've kept them
in the greenhouse.
Janet G

FWIW, the RHS says it can be over-wintered in the garden, if given a deep
mulch, so I think it's a question of the individual being prepared to take
the risk, or not. We get frost here down to -7 at the extreme but we do get
a LOT of rain! OTOH, I lost this plant in my previous garden which that
particular winter was no wetter than normal but did get a fair bit of frost.
I think the OP was correct with her guess that it's a combination of cold
AND wet that got to them. We've lost Corydalis in one part of this garden
because of wetness. Right now we almost need a rowing boat to go round the
garden. ;-(
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk