Old 29-10-2004, 01:37 PM
PatC

Default Thornless rose

I have some thornless roses that whilst very fragrant do not grow very tall
& really struggle to bloom, it seem every bug on earth wants to chew them,
thats besides the black spot!
I have tried to keep them as best I can as I've not been able to find new
varieties here, in fact none available at all for the last 5 - 8 years.
They are about waist high, & struggle to get any bigger. One now has a VERY
large shoot that is coming from near the ground, it is almost 5 times the
size of the original plant.
As I know nothing about these, can I assume that this large growth is coming
from a (graft)?. Is this how they are propagated?
By the way it is spring where I live in the southern hemisphere.
I would hate to loose them, as when I go to friends houses to pick roses I
forget that there's have thorns!
Thanks in advance for any replies
Pat